Server list inside Discord
A discord server list with a small twist- It's inside Discord itself.
This is a simple but fun project by me, DM me at
DJ Nikov#0001 for issues or suggestions.
Join my support server for more epic Autocode help!
Table of contents
- Editable discord server list inside Airtable
- Additional Stats For Nerds function (Get Server info)
- Infinite pages
- Tips inside this project so you don't get lost :D
Side note: I'm trying to add a bump function to this project too! May come soon~
Copy this airtable database
Link your discord bot and copied airtable database.
Timeout (ms) (bottom left hand side of your project) to
Check if the CommandCreator (autocode/self/deployed) has been run before
If not, click the green run button to create the command.
- The buttons Last-page and Next-page (page navigation)
- The modals Add, Delete, Edit and Info (Adding your server to the list, deleting your server from the list, editing your existing server info in the list, and getting info of another server respectively)
- The command serverlist (Run it to open the list as shown in the image below)
- The selectmenu Options (Navigates to each modal)
How it works
Message edits revert the selectmenu back to default after each interaction, so others can select the same option as you.
The infinite pages basically take the footer page number, and decrease/increase it by 1. Pages are so your bot doesn't hit the character limit of 2000..
The modals are an easy way to collect data from users without them having to type it out in chat or DMs. That drains so much data...
The server info command was added later, as users wanted more detail of their favourite srvers.
The select menus are an easy way to track who wanted to access each of the four modals.
Add, Delete and Edit have some security layers:
- The owner system: checks if the user who added the server is an owner (selectmenu)
- Delete only: Checks if the database ID is valid (modal)
- Add only: Checks if the guild ID has already been registered so users can't create duplicate servers (selectmenu)
- Delete and Edit only: Checks if the guild ID has been registered. Although this seems redundant for Delete, it tells users who don't know what the button does to add their server first as a priority. (selectmenu)
How to customise my code?
I'm going to provide a list of things you CAN'T change:
- Modal, button and selectmenu IDs (unless you know how to use them)
- The Airtable Update, Insert, Records.Destroy, and Select functions (They mess up the project if you mess them up)
- Variables (Some of this code streches very long, you'll have to use CTRL+F to ensure you've replaced everything correctly)
And a list of things you CAN:
-All the text in message edits/ephmeral messages
- Modal, button and selectmenu display text (so as long as they are recognisable)
Thanks for viewing and/or downloading my project. I suggest you fork this environment and develop the old project so you can always transfer code if something goes wrong, you might just discover something...