Multi Temp VCs
How It Works
This app strives to reduce the amount of unused voicechats in Discord servers!
This works by creating VCs when they are needed instead of having loads of empty ones.
This is done by setting ChannelHubs. When a user joins a ChannelHub, this app will create a personal VC for them.
Once a User has their own Voice Channel, they can control many of its settings. Each variable is listed under Controls.
Note: These slash commands will be auto setup when this App is installed, they may take up to 1 hour to appear in discord.
This is what it looks like in discord:
If this app uses too many requests, consider deleting the
activity.js file. Note doing so will break the
- Run the
/vchub-set command and fill out all the options (which are listed below).
- You can use
/vchub-list to see which channels are already set.
Note: vcHubs cannot be deleted, only overwritten.
Option 1: ChannelName
- This is what you want each channel created by this channelHub to be named. For instance, a channelHub called
Create Minecraft would create channels called
Minecraft World or something similar. This can be set to
none if you want only the count to be shown.
Option 2: Count
This has 4 options:
- Sets the count to be a Number, meaning it counts as 1, 2, 3, 4, ect.
- Sets the count to be a Word, meaning it counts as Alpha, Brave, Charlie, Delta, ect.
- Sets the count to be a Letter meaing it counts as A, B, C, D, ect.
- Leaves the Count out so only the Name of the VC is shown
Option 3: NameOrder
This has 4 options:
- Inputs the name before the count, e.g. "Chat Alpha"
- Inputes the count before the name e.g. "Alpha Chat"
count. Names the VC the title of game the owner is playing, will continue update the name even if the owner changes or switches game
There are many slash commands for users to self moderate their TempVCs. They are all listed below:
/vc chat [boolean]
- When this boolean is set to true, it creates a 'no-mic' text channel which can only be seen by those in the associated TempVC. allows for quick sharing of photos and links between those in VC, or for anyone without a microphone.
- Allows only the users on the whitelist to join.
- Unlocks the chat so anyone can join (unless banned).
- Hides the vc so only the people already connected or on the whitelist can see it. Kind-of like having a dm Call.
- Allows for the vc to be seen by everyone (unless hardbanned).
/vc limit [integer]
- Set a limit on the amount of users able to join their TempVC.
/vc whitelist [user]
- Allows a specific user to bypass the lock or hide states.
/vc unwhitelist [user]
- Removes a user from the whitelist
/vc ban [user]
- Bans a specific user from joining the TempVC, this will also kick them if they are currently connected.
/vc hardban [user]
- Same as ban but the banned user cannot see the channel at all
/vc unban [user]
- Removes a user from the banlist
/vc kick [user]
- Kicks the specified user from the TempVC.
/vc owner-transfer [user]
- Transfer ownership of the VC to a user currently connected.
- changed followup messages to responses so now the commands actually respond to the user again!
- vcHubs will now work even if they are not in a category
- /vcHub-set shouldnt error now, as it was often the response message wouldnt send.
- Now successfully DMs a user when ownership is transfered
- 1.5 update actually works now
- Overhauled the setup, now all done through
game option including the channelName in the channel name when the user wasnt playing something.
- Cleaned up customization
create-vc file to make it easier to understand
- when using the
game option. The VCs name will now update when the owner changes game.
- Now able to whitelist up to 10 users at a time. This feature may be added to ban (and hardban) in the future but will not be added to unwhitelist and unban commands.
- Added option
none to the channelName option in
- Added option
none to the count option in
/vc hardban [user], this is the same as ban, but the banned user cannot see the channel (normal ban it shows as locked). Helpful for having a vc without a user knowing.
If you have any questions feel free to dm me on Discord, my tag is:
Please do not send me a friend Request: Rather dm me directly from the Autocode Discord Server. (https://discord.gg/UjJAmdN3uZ)